Yesterday, 29th June ADŻ Malta Green Youths’ annual general meeting (AGM) was held. The meeting was held at 17:00 hrs at the Malta Council for the Voluntary Services in Valletta. Our executive and members, as well as some members from AD and from FYEG attended for the AGM.
A welcoming speech was held by ADŻ Chairperson Marc’Andrea Cassar, followed by AD Chairperson Prof. Arnold Cassola and Teo Comet (Spokesperson at FYEG).
Following the welcome meeting, the agenda and minutes were approved. The annual report was also presented. This included some events and activities we organised, as well as some campaigns we were part of. These included our annual Chilli Jam events we organised last summer, participation at the Interact Fair at the Marsa Open Centre, a cleanup held last September in collaboration with Y4TE at Marsaxlokk, the joining of TerraFirma collective and the spring hunting referendum campaign. Other highlights of last year were the joining of the animal rights coalition, local council elections, the ACT fair, World Fest, joining the Front against TTIP Malta, joining Front Ħarsien ODZ and the organising of the Youth Migration Campaigning Advocacy (YMCA) seminar.
After approval of the agenda and the statute, the new executive was elected. The new ADŻ Malta Green Youth executive members for 2015/16 include:
- Marc’Andrea Cassar – Chairperson
- Stefan Cutajar – Vice Chairperson
- Anna Azzopardi – Secretary General
- Matthew Thomas Carbonaro – Treasurer
- James Gabarretta – International Secretary
- Nizar Hingari – Public Relations Officer
- Pascal Aloisio – Publications Officer
- Matthew Seychell – Executive Member
- David Caruana – Executive Member